Sunday, May 22, 2011

Freshwater and Boeri- volcanic lakes, montane forests and spectacular views

The gods must have been looking down on me on my last Sunday in Dominica.

After five weeks of daily downpours, in what is supposed to be the end of the dry season, and already used to getting drenched on any mountain walk, the rain held off on my five hour trek up to and around Freshwater and Boeri lakes, with their green montane rainforests and magnificent views over steep mountainsides to the windward coast.




 



 















That's the last post for Dominica- an incredible island where I planned to stay for one week and kept extending my visit until it got to a few. Even then it didn't seem long enough.

For now though, it's on to other places and new adventures.

Next stop: St Vincent and the Grenadines.